Daily Announcements February 7th, 2020

Ashley Sanchez, Journalist

SEEK TO INSPIRE SOCKS SALE: Seek to Inspire will be on sale throughout the month of February on Tuesdays and Thursdays with Ms. Karina for $11 a pair. To see the design, please ask any Seek to Inspire officer or Mr. Colon.

VALENTINE’S DAY GRAMS (MS): Attention all Jr High students, Jr High ASB will be selling at A lunch from January 23rd to February 6th. They will be $3 and you will receive a teddy bear, rose, and chocolates.

VALENTINE’S DAY GRAMS (HS): Attention High School students, Valentine’s Day is coming up. Valentine’s Grams will be sold from February 3-12 during B lunch. Prices vary from $1 to $5. The grams include notes, sugar cookies, candy, chocolate roses, and a stuffed animal.

MESA SWEATSHIRTS: Attention Jaguars, MESA is selling sweatshirts until February 13th. You can buy them from Mrs. Karina for $28. Talk to Alisa or Orlando for more information.

AP CELEBRATION POSTERS: To celebrate your achievement, you will be receiving Bronze, Silver, or Gold recognition over the next couple of weeks.  We will be placing individual student celebration posters in the quad area before lunch. If you see your AP poster board in the quad area. Please fell free to take it home after school.

QUESTION OF THE WEEK: The question of the week can now be found in quiz format on www.listenupjags.org under the Daily Announcements tab. The drawing is open to all University Preparatory students and staff, and everyone who answers the question correctly will be entered into the drawing at the end of the semester for a $10 Starbucks gift card. We will still have weekly winners for the first 5 people who respond correctly, but don’t have to be weekly winner to be entered into the drawing for the gift card. You will receive one entry per week when you correctly identify the answers for the quiz for that week. You must be logged onto your school email to participate.

WINTER WONDERLAND DANCE: On Friday, February 28th from 4-7 pm, Jr. High ASB will be holding this dance in the Multipurpose Room. The event is $18 and includes dinner and tickets can be purchased with Ms. Karina on Tuesdays and Thursdays. This is a formal event and a dance contract must be submitted to Mrs. Jolie. Please see Isabella Gomez or Ms. Moses for more information.

ON THIS DAY: On this day in 1990, Barack Obama became the first black president of the Harvard Lab Review.

COLLEGE AND CAREER:

POMONA COLLEGE TOUR AND LEWIS FAMILY PLAYHOUSE FOR SOPHOMORES-Friday, Feb. 7th, 2020

UCLA FIELD TRIP WITH STEM FOCUS(HEALTH AND MEDICAL CLUB)-Tuesday, March 10th, 2020

JUNIOR-SENIOR ROUNTABLE-Friday, March 20th, in the library or MPR

SENIOR PRESENTATION EVENT- Wednesday, April 15th, 2020