Daily Announcements January 22nd, 2020

Scarlett Price, Announcements

PENNIES FOR PATIENTS: Pennies for Patients is here! Donate loose change to your 7th period class to raise money for the leukemia and lymphoma society. The winning 7th period class will earn an Olive garden lunch!

VALENTINES DAY GRAMS: Attention all Jr High students, Jr High ASB will be selling at A lunch from January 23rd to February 8th. They will be $3 an d you will receive a teddy bear, rose, and chocolates.

MESA SWEATSHIRTS: Attention Jaguars, MESA is selling sweatshirts until the 24th. You can buy them from Mrs. Karina for $28. Talk to Angelo or Orlando for more information.

AP CELEBRATION POSTERS: To celebrate your achievement , you will be receiving Bronze, Silver, or Gold recognition over the next couple of weeks.  We will be placing individual student celebration posters in the quad area before lunch. If you see your AP poster board in the quad area. Please fell free to take it home after school.

HEALTH AND MEDICAL:  Are you interested in the medical field or just health in general? Join Health and Medical Club Fridays during B-Lunch in Mrs. By’s room! If you have any questions contact Kelsey Adikari or Isabel Pena or visit UPHMC on Instagram.

QUESTION OF THE WEEK: The question of the week can now be found in quiz format on www.listenupjags.org under the Daily Announcements tab. The drawing is open to all University Preparatory students and staff, and everyone who answers the question correctly will be entered into the drawing at the end of the semester for a $10 Starbucks gift card. We will still have weekly winners for the first 5 people who respond correctly, but don’t have to be weekly winner to be entered into the drawing for the gift card. You will receive one entry per week when you correctly identify the answers for the quiz for that week.m You must be logged onto your school email to participate.

COLLEGE AND CAREER:

UCR COLLEGE TOUR AND RIVERSIDE ART MUSEUM EXPERIENCE FIELD TRIP FOR JUNIORS- Monday, Jan 27th. Please be sure to turn in your filled out permission slips A.S.A.P.

NROTC SCHOLARSHIPS/U.S. NAVY PRESENTATION-Wednesday, Jan 29th, @10;54 am(6th period). please come to the counseling office if you are interested in attending

BLACK COLLEGE EXPO FIELD TRIP(9-12th)-Saturday,Feb.1st. if you are interested in attending, please come by the Counseling Office to see Mrs. Miranda to sign-up and to pick up a field trip permission slip

POMONA COLLEGE TOUR AND LEWIS FAMILY PLAYHOUSE FOR SOPHOMORES-Friday, Feb. 7th, 2020

UCLA FIELD TRIP WITH STEM FOCUS(HEALTH AND MEDICAL CLUB)-Tuesday, march 10th, 2020

JUNIOR-SENIOR ROUNTABLE-Friday, march 20th, in the library or MPR

SENIOR PRESENTATION EVENT- Wednesday, April 15th, 2020