Daily Announcements October 8th, 2019

Scarlett Price

BREAST CANCER AWARENESS:  Jr high ASB will be hosting Breast Cancer Awareness Jean Day on October 11th. Wear your favorite pink shirt and Jeans for a dollar. All proceeds will be donated to Breast Cancer Awareness this day! Regular jean day rules apply.

QUESTION OF THE WEEK:In the Article titled,”Lungs of the Earth”by Kage Blakeney, why does Junior Xoshil Alas Felipe feel the destruction of the Amazon is bad in general?

The questions of the week can be found on www.listenupjags.org under the daily announcements

It is open to all grade levels, and there will be one winner per grade. The first student in each grade level to correctly identify the right answer will win a prize and be entered into a drawing at the end of the semester for a 10$ Starbucks gift certificate. Be the first person to come to Mrs. Petruschin’s room 303, either before school, after school, or at lunch,NOT during your class time. Be sure to also cast your vote in the most used social media poll before it expires!

The answer to last week was:In the article titled,”Testing Treats by Ruby Magana, Kayla Ferer, and Taylor Avila, eighth grader Luis Suarezrated the ice cream Senior Serenity Moncrease scooped for him at an 8 because they didn’t have all the topping he wanted.

Winners from Last Week

Katrina Gilbert (12),David Gonzalez(10th),Madeline Herdlein(9th), Alejandra Portillo, Alisa Rajha (8th), Serena In(7th)

HOMECOMING NOMINATIONS: Hello all you Jags Kings and Queens, Prince and Princesses, if you feel like Royalty and you’d like to be nominated as your Homecoming Kingg or Queen, Prince or Princess please come and nominate yourself and or those special individuals who stand out and represent your class the most. Sign-ups will take place at B-Lunch this week from October 7th through October 9th in room 305. For more information please contact Mrs. Coates or Mrs. Moses

HALLOWEEN GRAMS: Jr High ASB will be selling Halloween Grams during A-Lunch from October 1st to October 29th. You will get one chocolate covered pretzel and a spooky note for a friend for 1$. They will be handed out in your 7th period on Halloween . Ask Destiny Morales and Bindiya Bhangu for more information

JAGS FOR JAGS: This is the LAST week of lady Jags Volleyball, home game against AAE on Thursday at 5:30

HOMECOMING: Attention all High School,there’s no place like homecoming! Homecoming will be held on October 25th from 6 pm to 10 pm. Tickets will begin selling on September 10th. From September 21th to October 11th will be be 40$ without ASB card and 35$ with. All tickets will be 45$ from October 11th to October 17th so buy your tickets now!!!Dance contracts will be due October 11th to Mrs. Jolie, late contracts will NOT be accepted. Ladies make sure to attach a picture of your dress. Hope to see you there! Contact Kajal Bhanju or Denise Gonzalez for more information.

HOMECOMING PROPOSALS: High Schoolers, if you’re asking someone to homecoming let Yearbook and Journalism know. Tell us where and when so we can capture the moment. If you know of any homecoming proposals or have proposals or have any questions talk to Dani Gonzalez, Madison McGinty, Kelsey Bautista, or Mrs. Petruschin

BLOOD DRIVE: Every 2 seconds, someone needs blood and you may be able to help with that! The fall blood drive will be held next Thursday on October 10th from 7 am to 1 pm in the MPR. You can sign up with Jasmine Padda, Erika Davis, Jesus Martinez, and Jason Bonilla. You may also sign up this week during B-Lunch. You must be 16 or older to donate. Give a little, save a life.

CLASS OF 22′: Attention all Sophomores! Our class apparel is now on sale from September 24th to October 10th. Shirts are 12$,sweatshirts are 26$, and windbreakers are 38$. Buy them Tuesdays and Thursdays with Mrs. Karina

BOO GRAMS: Attention all High Schoolers, Boo Grams will be sold October 1st-18th during B-Lunch. There will be a dollar goodie bag and a 3 dollar goodie bag. Get your spooky bags soon. If you have any questions please contact Briana Rivera or Crystal Salazar.