Daily Announcements October 4th, 2019

Scarlett Price

HOMECOMING: Attention all High School,there’s no place like homecoming! Homecoming will be held on October 25th from 6 pm to 10 pm. Tickets will begin selling on September 10th. From September 21th to October 11th will be be 40$ without ASB card and 35$ with. All tickets will be 45$ from October 11th to October 17th so buy your tickets now!!!Dance contracts will be due October 11th to Mrs. Jolie, late contracts will NOT be accepted. Ladies make sure to attach a picture of your dress. Hope to see you there! Contact Kajal Bhanju or Denise Gonzalez for more information.

KRUSH:  Krush this year with Krush attire! Through September 24th to October 11th you can buy a Krush shirt or sweater at Mrs. Karina’s office Tuesday and Thursdays. Shirts will be 10$ and sweaters will be 22$. Everyone can buy it and for more information, please contact Jana Lee and Julieta Martinez

GIRLS MS VOLLEYBALL: Middle School Volleyball will be starting up soon. If you plan to try out, get your athletic packets and physicals done now so you don’t miss out.

BOYS HS SOCCER: Once your coach is cleared by the district, your try-outs will begin. Get your athletic packets and physicals done now so you don’t miss out.

QUESTION OF THE WEEK:In the Article titled,”Testing Treats” by Ruby Magana, Kayla Ferer, and Taylor Avila, How did eighth grader Luis Suarez rate the Ice Cream Senior Serenity Moncrease scooped for him and what reason did he give for the rating?

The questions of the week can be found on www.listenupjags.org under the daily announcements

It is open to all grade levels, and there will be one winner per grade. The first student in each grade level to correctly identify the right answer will win a prize and be entered into a drawing at the end of the semester for a 10$ Starbucks gift certificate. Be the first person to come to Mrs. Petruschin’s room 303, either before school, after school, or at lunch,NOT during your class time. Be sure to also cast your vote in the most used social media poll before it expires!

FALL FESTIVAL: It’s that time again! UP annual Fall Festival will be on Friday, October 4th! There will be lots of music and food options from 4 to 7 pm! Presale is 10$, but that includes admission to Fright Fest. Fall Fest at the door however is only 4$. See you there!

PHOTOGRAPHY CLUB: Want to learn how to take photos or edit photos? Join photography club, meetings are every Tuesday from 2 to 3 pm in Mr. Colons room 402. Any questions ask Dani Gonzalez, Madison McGinty, or Kelsey Bautista

HALLOWEEN GRAMS: Jr High ASB will be selling Halloween Grams during A-Lunch from October 1st to October 29th. You will get one chocolate covered pretzel and a spooky note for a friend for 1$. They will be handed out in your 7th period on Halloween . Ask Destiny Morales and Bindiya Bhangu for more information.

JAGS FOR JAGS: The weather might be getting colder, but  these volleyball games are heating up! With a home game against Cobalt on the 3rd also at 5:30 pm. Show your pride Jaguars!!

HOMECOMING PROPOSALS: High Schoolers, if you’re asking someone to homecoming let Yearbook and Journalism know. Tell us where and when so we can capture the moment. If you know of any homecoming proposals or have proposals or have any questions talk to Dani Gonzalez, Madison McGinty, Kelsey Bautista, or Mrs. Petruschin

CLASS OF 22′: Attention all Sophomores! Our class apparel is now on sale from September 24th to October 10th. Shirts are 12$,sweatshirts are 26$, and windbreakers are 38$. Buy them Tuesdays and Thursdays with Mrs. Karina

CLASS COMPETITION : Hello, Hello can you hear me now? Calling All creative minds form every class. We will be having a Wizard of Oz competition and are welcoming all artistic individuals to come out and help your class win this competition. 2020 is Dorothy, 2021 is the Tin man, 2023 is the Lion, and 2023 is the Scarecrow. Let’s see what class will ease down the road, with the Championship Trophy as they stand so Bold. All class members see your class presidents during B -Lunch

BLOOD DRIVE: Every 2 seconds, someone needs blood and you may be able to help with that! The fall blood drive will be held next Thursday on October 10th from 7 am to 1 pm in the MPR. You can sign up with Jasmine Padda, Erika Davis, Jesus Martinez, and Jason Bonilla. You may also sign up next week during B-Lunch. You must be 16 or older to donate. Give a little, save a life.

BOO GRAMS: Attention all High Schoolers, Boo Grams will be sold October 1st-18th during B-Lunch. There will be a dollar goodie bag and a 3 dollar goodie bag. Get your spooky bags soon. If you have any questions please contact Briana Rivera or Crystal Salazar.

SENIORS: UC Application Overview, Today, October 4th, at 7:56 a.m.