DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS May 17, 2019

Elisabeth Libermann, Editor

Attention all students:

The Yearbook early distribution party is TODAY Friday from 1pm-3pm in the gym. Cost is $5 and you must have your 7th period teacher’s permission to attend. Wristbands will be on sale TODAY Friday morning in Room 303 and at the door. Pre-order books will be handed out at the party or on Monday for those who choose not to attend. A limited number will be on sale at the party for $80, CASH ONLY. Snacks and drinks will be for sale after 2pm for a dollar.

Time is running out! KISS the seniors GOODBYE with a KISS GOODBYE BEAR! Sales have been extended to TODAY Friday May 17th. For only $6 you can send a kiss goodbye to your favorite senior with a teddy bear, chocolate, and a personalized card. Remember to turn in all your cards by May 20th.

Jaguars for Christ will be having a meeting TODAY Friday, May 17th, after school in the library to nominate next year’s officers. For more information please contact Dorothy Alvarado.

Students who drive to school and have a parking permit must turn their parking permit into Mrs. Jolie before your last day of school or you will have a $5.00 fee placed on your owes list.

Journalism question of the week:

The answer to last week’s question was: Fernanda Cantu.

Congratulations to last week’s Journalism Question of the Week Winners:

Journalism Question of the Week Winners 5/10/19:

12th Grade: Juan Navarette

11th Grade: Monica Cortes-Mendez

10th Grade: Ethan Bunn (2nd time winner)

9th Grade: Angela Moran-Galarza

8th Grade: Angel Numan (3rd time winner)

7th Grade: Garvita Malhotra (2nd time winner)

This week’s question of the week is: According to Yulianna Garcia’s article titled: “Gas Prices Shooting Up,” what did AAA say the national average is for a gallon of gas?

The Question of the week can be found on www.listenupjags.org under the Daily Announcements.

It is open to all grade levels, and this is the final week! The first student in each grade level to correctly identify the right answer will win a prize and be entered into a drawing next week for a $10 In-n-Out gift certificate. Be the first person to come to Mrs. Petruschin’s room 303 either before school, after school, or at lunch, not during your class time.