An Unofficial Holiday: Undecided!

An Unofficial Holiday: Undecided!

Peter Hernandez presenting his future

Peter Hernandez presenting his future "decision" in parody of students holding up what colleges they would be attending.

Peter Hernandez

Peter Hernandez

Peter Hernandez

Luis Leon, Editor

As we all know, May 1st was Decision Day. Decision Day is when college applicants tell their college of choice that they will be attending. But for one particular senior, Peter Hernandez, that was not the case.

On May 2nd, 2019 Peter put up a post on Instagram detailing a new unofficial holiday, “Every year, on May 2nd, I want it to be known as National Undecided Day.”

When asked why he was undecided he said, “The major point of being undecided is not knowing why you are undecided.” To follow up he was asked what played a role in his decision to be undecided, “A factor that played into my undecided-ness was the fact that the school system did not give me the opportunities I needed to find a passion.”

Peter’s senior presentation shed a light on his situation as it highlighted the problems of the current school system. The school system mainly focuses on academics and grades, with little to no room for teaching other skills that someone may need in their future. Peter’s view on the system brings up many great points, as it had a huge effect on him as he didn’t “pick” a college or major.

Since he decided that he wouldn’t be headed to college, Peter will be trying out a program at VVC ( Victor Valley Community College) to pilot drones.