DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS May 13, 2019

Elisabeth Libermann, Editor

Attention all students:

Time is running out! KISS the seniors GOODBYE with a KISS GOODBYE BEAR! For only $6 you can send a kiss goodbye to your favorite senior with a teddy bear, chocolate, and a personalized note. They will be sold during B lunch only. Remember to turn in all your cards by May 15th!

Random Acts of Kindness Club invites you to a meeting TODAY Monday, May 13th in Ms. Rodriguez´s class after school. We will be discussing our last baskets for the school year. If you have any questions talk to Eleni Kakkali or Gisselle Elizondo.

Attention all musicians, strings, percussion and wind players:

Orchestra auditions start this week Wednesday May 8th. See Mr. O’Rane in Room 606 to schedule an audition. Auditions end May 14th. Come join in an awesome musical experience.

Journalism question of the week:

The answer to last week’s question was: Fernanda Cantu.

Congratulations to last week’s Journalism Question of the Week Winners:

Journalism Question of the Week Winners 5/10/19:

12th Grade: Juan Navarette

11th Grade: Monica Cortes-Mendez

10th Grade: Ethan Bunn (2nd time winner)

9th Grade: Angela Moran-Galarza

8th Grade: Angel Numan (3rd time winner)

7th Grade: Garvita Malhotra (2nd time winner)

This week’s question of the week is: According to Yulianna Garcia’s article titled: “Gas Prices Shooting Up,” what did AAA say the national average is for a gallon of gas?

The Question of the week can be found on www.listenupjags.org under the Daily Announcements.

It is open to all grade levels, and this is the final week! The first student in each grade level to correctly identify the right answer will win a prize and be entered into a drawing next week for a $10 In-n-Out gift certificate. Be the first person to come to Mrs. Petruschin’s room 303 either before school, after school, or at lunch, not during your class time.