DAILY ANNOUNCEMENTS May 10, 2019

Elisabeth Libermann, Editor

Attention all students:

Time is running out! KISS the seniors GOODBYE with a KISS GOODBYE BEAR! For only $6 you can send a kiss goodbye to your favorite senior with a teddy bear, chocolate, and a personalized note. They will be sold during B lunch only. Remember to turn in all your cards by May 13th!

Random Acts of Kindness Club invites you to a meeting Monday, May 13th in Mrs. Rodriguez´s class after school. We will be discussing our last baskets for the school year. If you have any questions talk to Eleni Kakkali or Gisselle Elizondo.

Come one come all to a Night On Home Plate on May 10th from 6-9 PM. Will be $6 at the door! Admission includes popcorn and candy. Come enjoy a movie night and picnic under the stars on the softball field at our last UP event! Picnic will start at 6 and the movie will begin at 7:30. Ask Kajal Bhangu or Alison Betancourt for more information.

Attention all musicians, strings, percussion and wind players:

Orchestra auditions start this week Wednesday May 8th. See Mr. O’Rane in Room 606 to schedule an audition. Auditions end May 14th. Come join in an awesome musical experience.

Question of the Week:

The answer to last week’s question was: It is dangerous to have a popular president rather than a prepared one.

Congratulations to last week’s Journalism Question of the Week Winners:

12th Grade: Rebecca Howe (2nd time winner)

11th Grade: Arlette Rueda

10th Grade: Ashley Sanchez

9th Grade: Caitlynn Kelley (3rd time winner)

8th Grade: Angel Numan (2nd time winner)

7th Grade: Garvita Malhotra

This week’s question of the week is: According to Ruby Magana’s article titled: “On the Way to Round 2 of the CIF’s,” which player scored the final run of the game?

It is open to all grade levels, and there will be one winner per grade each week. The first student in each grade level to correctly identify the right answer will win a prize and be entered into a drawing at the end of the school year for a $10 In-n-Out gift certificate. Be the first person to come to Mrs. Petruschin’s room 303 either before school, after school, or at lunch, not during your class time. There are only two more opportunities to get your name in the drawing, as the last question of the week for the 2019 school year will be next week, May 13, and the drawing will be Monday, May 20.