Listen UP

Preparing For an AP Exam

Preparing For an AP Exam

Readying themselves for upcoming AP exams, Freshmen Jordan Bateman and David Marquez study for their classes

Bella Ramirez

Bella Ramirez

Bella Ramirez

Isabella Ramirez, Journalist

AP Exams are coming up soon which causes people to overly stress about them or focus too much on the test. Here are are ways you could prepare for a AP Exam.

You could get all your old material from that class and start from the old to the new. Don’t overwhelm yourself with studying. Study in multiple sets of 30 minutes rather than 4 hours. Take a break and then keep going. Practice things you’re not sure about also look over some strategies you can apply to your test. AP exams can be mentally and physically exhausting, especially when you study too much and continuously worry.

The most helpful thing that will help you is be positive and don’t doubt yourself because you know the material. When testing and studying, make sure you don’t overthink something you already know. Never second guess yourself. Often, your first choice is the right one.

“I practice on Albert.io and review over notes.” Senior Jordan Ratliff stated. To her, the right choice comes when she follows her “gut while taking the test because it is the best thing to do. Never second guess yourself.”

Many websites, like Albert.io, offer great practice for AP exams. Khan Academy is another alternative if you prefer a place that caters to your strengths and weaknesses.

Another thing to take into consideration is the opportunities teachers give you. Junior Ahime Vasquez stated, “Well, I attend the practices the teachers have to review and the practice exams. I also study on my own.” Taking advantage of practice AP exams can be very helpful and help to prepare you for how an actual exam might look and feel like.

Remember, be positive. Don’t give up because you got this.