How to Tie a Tie

Different types of ties worn by different types of people! What you choose to wear on a Monday with a white collared shirt is up to you.

Vallariee Garcia-Trevino

Vallariee Garcia-Trevino, Journalist

As we all know, everyone is required to wear a tie on Monday mornings. Girls can wear cross-ties or normal ties but the boys can wear the bow-tie and the normal tie. When it comes to the normal ties, there are some that are pre-tied and some that students must learn to tie themselves.

However, the students who have the tie you have to tie yourself often find themselves lost on what to do. They will constantly look up the correct way to do it, but sometimes its just too complicated. This results in students going to buy their ties pre-tied, cross-tied, or the bow-tied. In a survey of around 25 students, more than half of them did not know how to tie a tie.

Eighth grader Nima Sanaei is one of the many students at school that doesn’t know how to tie his tie. He owns a pre-tied tie. When asked if he has ever tried to tie one, he replied, “I have never tried on my own before but I suspect that it will be fairly easy.”

And it is! To tie a tie is simple and easy to accomplish once you see the steps for yourself.

Learn how to tie your tie!

Sophomore, Anthony Lopez, commented on the survey, “I have to tie my own tie because I am a real man.” Pre-tied or not, knowing how to tie a tie is valuable and useful to know as a skill to help friends in need or something just for you.