Taste of U.P.

Taste of U.P.

At the Taste of U.P. Fernanda Cantu and David Cendejas serve hamburgers made by Mr. O'Rane.

Isabella Ramirez

Isabella Ramirez

Isabella Ramirez

Bella Ramirez, Journalist

The Taste of U.P. was an after school event dedicated to the different cultures that make up University Preparatory’s student body. It followed the multi-cultural assembly that took place earlier during the school day. The after school event took place in the quad on March 3, 2019, from 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm. There was a diverse range of cultural food and drinks, and Tech club provided a vast majority of the music.

The Taste of U.P. was a fun filled and exciting event, according to Sophomore, Miyah Tinsman, who stated,  “I thought it was a good event all together. It was just a break from learning and stressing about school. The food was really good, as well as the music. I wish more people had gone.”

ASB enhanced the event by hosting a talent show located in the multi-purpose room from 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm. There were five different performances, including singing, guitar, and piano performances.

Senior Alyssa Ramirez noted there could have been more talent show performances, saying, “I thought the performances were good but I wish there were different types of talents, not just singing or playing an instrument.”

Joanna Lee