Rover Lands on Mars, So…?

Mars+has+been+the+center+of+attention+in+space+exploration.+The+rover+is+just+a+step+closer+to+that.+Mars+from+Creative+Commons.+

Rover Lands on Mars, So…?

Mars has been the center of attention in space exploration. The rover is just a step closer to that. Mars from Creative Commons.

No Attribution Necessary

No Attribution Necessary

No Attribution Necessary

Jonathan Vasquez, Journalist

On May 25, 2018, NASA launched the InSight rover into space on a 6 month trip to Mars where it’ll spend 2 years studying the interior of the Red Planet.

The fourth planet of our beautiful solar system is Mars. Mars has become a very popular planet depicted in recent Sci-fi movies. Although, through social media, Mars has become a very trendy and science fictional thing, new technologies may be available for humans to one day touch the surface of the Red Planet.

The InSight rover was sent to Mars to take a step forward in accomplishing this goal. The rover was sent to study the soil and interior of Mars. By collecting data from it’s interior, science can study and learn more of Mars’ past; scientist could learn new information like how the planet was formed or if there is/was water on it.

Why should you care? Because you go to University Prep, a school filled with intellectuals who will be the scientist and leaders of the future. Many doubt whether or not humans will reach Mars in our lifetime. Like Malcom X says, “Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it.” Therefore, the students of University Prep must be devoted passionately to their education. With enough hard work and ambitious dreaming, anything is possible. Who knows? It might be YOU to be the first human being to touch the surface of the Red Planet.

Some are already working towards this goal. Senior Seif Youssef reveals the career path he’d like to pursue: “I want to work for NASA.” Perhaps someday he will make this dream a reality and be the first to reach the Red Planet.