Dumbo to Take Flight in Theaters March 2019

Freshmen, Lucila Carlos and Daniella Becerra shared their thoughts on the Dumbo movie that is to come.

Yulianna Garcia, Journalist

The trailer of Tim Burton’s remake of the Disney classic, Dumbo starts with two kids walking into a tent, where they see the baby elephant, Dumbo. The two play with Dumbo and then the scene switches to a man who steps out of a car and ends up taking Dumbo’s mom. From here, the classic tale takes on new life under the influence of Burton’s imaginative genius.

Some students who have watched the trailer are simply excited to see the life-like recreation, while others who have never seen the original are interested in the storyline. Lucila Carlos said, “ I am excited to watch this movie because as a child  I watched the older movie and now I get to see it with better graphics. It reminds me of when I was younger.” Another student, Daniella Becerra, said, ¨ I am interested in watching this movie in theaters because in the trailer he looks so cute that I could kiss him, and I want to know if he meets up with his mom again. I am also interested because I’ve never watched the cartoon version of Dumbo.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QPdRfqTnt4&feature=youtu.be