Jaguars Pounce on Jackrabbits

University Preparatory's Boy's Varsity Soccer win's their non-conference game against the Victor Valley Jackrabbits.

Ruby Magana, Sports Journalist

University Preparatory’s Varsity Soccer team’s second scrimmage was against the Victor Valley High School Jackrabbits at Victor Valley Stadium on November 13, 2018 at 3pm. The competitive game ended up being a challenging 3-2 win.

Less than two minutes after the game started, number 11 Alexander Orduño scored the first goal of the game.

Soon after, there was a minor injury. Player number 18, Kevin Vargas had a foot injury and had to be replaced with player number 15, Tim Ruiz.

In this same half, one of Victor’s players scored their first goal.

Later into the first half, UP’s second goal was scored, when Alexander Orduño put the ball in the back of the net with 13 minutes left in the first half.

A lot can happen with two minutes left in a half. Another Victor player scored at the tail end of those two minutes, leaving the second half with a tied score, 2-2.

Then later into the middle of the second half the tie-breaking goal was scored by eleventh grade player number 7, Luis Bonilla.

With about three minutes left in the game,  Player number 25, Antonio Robinett was injured.

Soon after they began to play again, the boys were able to hold off any player from Victor from scoring and won the game.

About the Writer
Ruby Magana, Journalist

Position: Sports

Grade: 10th grade

Hobbies: Listening to music, watching sports

Favorite Foods: Pozole, quesadillas

Astrological Sign: Gemini

Music...