KRUSH-ing It

The silver lining to Krush's lunchtime routine.

KRUSH-ing It

Joshua Fernandez, Ximena Diaz, Esmeralda Gutierrez, Lily Nguyen, Emily Tan, and Julietta Martinez of Krush

Samantha Casarez

Samantha Casarez

Samantha Casarez

Samantha Casarez

On October 26, 2018 Krush performed for high school during B lunch instead of during the Homecoming assembly.

According to some Krush members they were originally planning on performing at the assembly and the B lunch performance was a last minute compromise. Not everyone was aware of the situation, so there were some differences in the opinions of Krush members and non-Krush members on the matter. Twelve people were interviewed on their opinions over the performance, 7 were a part of Krush and 5 were not. There were both similarities and differences in their opinions.

When asked how she felt about having to perform during B lunch instead of the assembly Lily Nguyen, the president of Krush, responded with “At first I was super bummed out, like I was even in tears for a while because we couldn’t perform for the assembly but I’m just grateful that ASB gave us the opportunity to perform during lunch instead of not performing at all.”  Answering the same question, a non-Krush Member, Rachel Ledezma, said, “I’m glad that they at least got to perform for high school. It kind of sucked that they couldn’t perform at the assembly, but everyone was crowded around where we sit, so it was  a little bit annoying.” She further stated, “I think it’s fine that they performed during B lunch.”

Maria Rajha was asked if she prefered seeing Krush perform during lunch or during an assembly, to which she responded “Lunch because during an assembly, especially for the freshmen, we sit on the floor so we just see the sideview, we can’t actually see the performance.”

Jonathan Leung was asked why he thought that Krush had performed during B lunch he said “Because they wanted to.”

Emily Tan’s favorite part was “The dance, Anpanman, because we were all together.”

All non-Krush members were asked if they liked K-pop or not and these were the results:

“I don’t like it, but like I’ll support them.” Juliana Gil

“I don’t like Kpop, but I like their routines.” Astrid Franco

https://youtu.be/73xWDaREFyU

About the Contributor
Samantha Casarez, Journalist

Position: Academics/Journalist/Team Smarties

Grade: 9th grade

Hobbies: Listening to music, writing music, analyzing song lyrics, collecting coins,...